Friday 1 July 2011

Here shows the early stages of chainsaw carving when I began the Otley Chevin Heritage Time Trail...you can see here how working in high-relief allows for great spacial depth in the work.


This is a work in progress that I did at Birmingham College of Art (during the second year of my Fine Art degree) that went on to win the competition at the R.S.B.A. in London 1985.

....the removal of the 'milk carton' in the final hour was brave and paid off !


This an intimate small-scale stone carving dealing with family ties. This was a part of my first solo show at the Royal Institute For The Blind in Birmingham back in the '80s.



'Acrobats' Elm 7feet tall. This was a piece I produced in three days as an invited sculptor to the International Polish Sculpture Symposium back in 1997.



Back in 1988 I was asked to produce this.....the worlds largest money-box, for B.B.C. Children In Need....this shows the scale and the early stages carving the soft and brittle material of areated-concrete. I later painted it and in went on to the N.E.C. televised charity event.

No comments: